Mine is slightly different than hers, in that I hate cilantro (I’m sure you’ve heard me say this before) therefore, I use parsley instead. I also love banana peppers, and they add just a nice little zip to it.
This made a large bowl (about 6 cups), great for a big gathering, but I promise it won’t last long!
- 10 roma tomatoes
- 1 medium sweet onion
- handful of jarred banana peppers
- 1-2 jalapenos – depending how spicy you like it. Leave the seeds if you like it super hot. Remove seeds if not.
- ½ cup minced parsley (or cilantro if you wish)
- 3 limes – juiced
- dash or two of salt
- Chop all ingredients into uniform small pieces and mix it all together. Add the lime juice and salt. Mix well.
- Let set in the fridge at least 6 hours. 24 for full flavor.
- Before serving, mix well, then drain off extra juice.
- Serve with tortilla chips. Also great on eggs.
To turn this into the most amazing guacamole, just add mushed up ripe avocados.