- 1 lb lean ground turkey (or lean ground meat of choice)
- 1 bunch spinach, chopped and wilted
- Italian seasoning of choice. Or 2 Tbls Oragano and 2 Tbls Basil (dried)
- finely chopped green onions
- salt & pepper to taste.
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 12-18 (depending on size) large white mushrooms.
- Cheese of choice (I used motz)
Mix all ingredients except mushrooms. I use my hands in a mixing bowl. Does the job better.
Remove stems and brown rib looking things from mushrooms. I use a strawberry huller to make it easier.
Stuff mushrooms with meat mixture and bake at 350 degrees about 20 min.
Add a small slice of cheese to each mushroom and put back into the oven about 5 min till cheese melts.
I served them with Barilla Protien Plus spaghetti noodles and a quickly thrown together spaghetti sauce. The family really enjoyed these!