Graham crackers, semi-sweet chocolate, milk chocolate, marshmallows and sugar. How could this not be fabulous???
The crust has a slightly caramel flavor, the middle is chewy, and the Hershey bar pieces on top make it perfect.
I altered this slightly from the one I found on eRecipe.com to fit a 12×16 jelly roll pan. Here is my recipe:
- 2 1/4 cup Graham cracker crumbs (about 1.5 sleeves ground in the food processor to fine crumbs) I simply purchased in our bulk department of the grocery store the already made crumbs
- 1 cup butter (melted)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbls sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together Graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and sugar until well blended.
- Press into the bottom of jelly roll pan. (I put down a layer of parchment paper first to make cleanup easier.)
- Bake for 10 min.
- Set aside to cool.
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup shortening (I didn’t have any Crisco on hand, so I used coconut oil, and it worked well)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2-3 Hershey milk chocolate bars
- Cream butter, shortening, sugar, brown sugar.
- Blend in eggs and vanilla.
- Blend in flour, salt and baking soda.
- By hand, mix in chocolate chips and marshmallows.
- Spread over slightly cooled Graham cracker crust.
- Bake 10 min.
- While it’s baking, cut up pieces of Hershey milk chocolate bar into 1/2 pieces.
- Place the pieces so one piece will be on each bar.
- Put back into oven and bake 15-20 min more, until lightly brown.
- Remove and allow to cool completely before cutting. I let it cool a bit in the pan, then moved the whole thing on the parchment paper onto the cutting board and let it finish cooling, then cut it with a very sharp knife.
- This is VERY rich and yummy. Each piece is substantial in size.