I love pizza. Who doesn’t love pizza? I do a pretty good pizza on a low-carb tortilla wrap, but this recipe beats everything else I’ve ever tried for making a low-carb pizza. This recipe could not have turned out any better, and will become a staple in our house, and it’s way more simple than making any form of bread pizza from scratch.
- 1 lb lean or extra-lean ground meat (beef is what I used, but pork or turkey would work too)
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 Tbslp garlic powder
- 2 Tblsp grated Parmesan
- 1 jumbo egg (or 2 medium)
- Put everything in a mixing bowl and mix thoroughly by hand until smooth.
- Pat the meat into a very thin 1/4″ layer on a large jelly roll pan. (I have a large jelly roll pan that I use. I cover it in tin foil, and then lay a sheet of parchment paper over it. For easy cleanup, and I hate to damage my pans with grease.)
- Bake at 450 degrees about 12 minutes.
- Take out of oven and turn oven to broil.
- Drain off any fat/moisture from the pan.
- Add all the pizza toppings you desire.
- Place under broiler for 5-7 minutes until as melty as you like it.
- It cuts very easily with a knife, and scoops well with a pancake spatula onto your plate.
Enjoy this! We did!!!
1/4 of the pizza is the same as eating a 1/4 lb cheeseburger with veggies on it!