So, I think I’ve posted my recipe for spinach/feta stuffed mushrooms, which are delicious. And I used to make suasage stuffed mushrooms, which are very yummy, but soooo unhealthy. Well, I won’t say this recipe is healthy – yes it’s low carb – but it takes a whole package of cream cheese, so really not all that healthy…but AMAZINGLY YUMMY!
My mother gave me two cans of baby shrimp. Kind of come in a tuna can, about 7 ounces, I think, and I needed to figure out what to do with them. They’re fishier smelling than fresh/frozen baby shrimp, so I dumped them in a strainer and rinsed them first. And I got these huge white mushrooms that were nice and fresh and firm, and that’s what I used. Three were the perfect size for a BIG appetizer.
- 12 large white mushrooms
- 8 oz cream cheese (light cream cheese works also) – brought up to room temp
- 1 can baby shrimp
- 3 green onions, minced
- 1 tblsp minced garlic
- few tblsp panko
- Remove stems and scoop out some of the insides. I keep the leftover pieces of stem and insides and freeze them, using them in soup later.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients well.
- Spoon into mushroom caps.
- Sprinkle with panko
- Bake 20-30 min – bigger mushrooms take longer – until panko is lightly brown and mushrooms look a little wilted.
- Eat as soon as you can without burning your mouth!