If you haven’t noticed from more than a few of my recipes, I love cream cheese. It’s so versatile. You can use it by itself, make a creamy sauce, or stuff it into things because it doesn’t bubble out like regular cheese.
I had a big package of pork loins in the freezer that had been there a while and needed to be used up. I wanted something a little different, so I searched through my freezer and fridge, came up with a package of cream cheese, pkg of thick smoked bacon, a couple Serrano peppers, and a frozen brick of chopped spinach. Voila!
This was very simple, cooked up in 1 hr on the bbq, and is really, really yummy. My husband threatening to eat the leftovers before the kiddo got home from work to have her piece.
- 2 pork loins, about 2lb each.
- 1 – 8 oz pkg cream cheese (room temp)
- 1 heaping Tblsp minced garlic
- 1 pkg frozen spinach, thawed and water squeezed out
- 2 small serrano peppers sliced thin, seeds included if you want more heat
- 2 large green onions, chopped.
- 1/2 lb thick sliced smoked bacon
- pepper, bbq seasoning to taste.
- Cut the pork loins lengthwise about 2/3 of the way through and lay open on a large sheet of thick foil.
- Mix all ingredients except bacon, pepper and bbq seasoning together until well blended.
- Evenly distribute cream cheese mixture over one of the open loins, leaving about 1/2″ around the edges.
- Lay the other loin over the top, and tuck in the ends and sides to “seal” the meat so the cheese doesn’t fall out.
- Sprinkle with pepper and bbq seasoning, flipping it over to cover both sides.
- Wrap strips of bacon over, tucking it beneath, until it’s covered.
- Wrap in foil, tucking in edges so that it’s lightly sealed.
- Place on hot bbq grill and cook for 1 hour. Use meat thermometer to make sure it’s above 165 degrees.
- Let set 10 min before cutting.
I made some grilled potato wedges to go with it. The’re great with the bit of stuffing that oozed out while cutting.