- 2 cups cubed yam
- 1/2 lb frozen cranberries
- 1 sweet apple, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 ribs celery, chopped
- 8 medium white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lb breakfast sausage links
- 1/2 tsp sage
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 4 Tbls coconut oil
- Remove skin from sausage links and cut into small pieces in a large fry pan. Sprinkle with sage and fry until brown. I used gluten/sugar free sausage to keep the calories down.
- Drain sausage, place in strainer and run boiling water over to remove excess fat.
- On a large jelly roll pan with a sheet of parchment, lay out the cubed yam, cranberries and apple. Toss with 2 Tbls melted coconut oil and bake at 400 degrees about 1/2 hour until yam is cooked and lightly browned.
- In a large fry pan, melt the rest of the coconut oil and add onions, mushrooms, celery. Sprinkle with poultry seasoning and cook until celery and onions are crisp tender.
- Mix it all together and serve warm.
I made this a day ahead of time, because of the turkey taking up the whole oven on Easter. I stored it in a tupperware in the fridge, and reheated it right before dinner.