That’s a lot of cheese, you might say, but it’s not really. I had a craving for something creamy, but don’t buy cream, but I have cream cheese! This recipe was super simple and I served it with steamed asparagus spears with a little of the cheese sauce on top. Enjoy!
- Large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Choice of cheese (I used Swiss)
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Slice the breasts in half width-wise so they are thin, then pound as flat as possible with meat mallet.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Lay slice of cheese in center and roll the chicken like a burrito, tucking in the edges so the cheese won’t ooze out during baking.
- Place on greased tinfoil-lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with onion powder and fresh ground black pepper.
- Bake at 350 about 1/2 hour or until thermometer reads 165 degrees.
While the chicken is baking whip together this sauce to drizzle over it for a little more cheesy kick.
- 1 cup milk
- 2-3 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesean
- 1/4 cup grated hard cheese (I had some Mexican blend in the fridge, but anything will work)
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- 1 Tblsp Italian salad dressing (optional)
- parsley leaves (optional)
- Place milk and cream cheese in a small saucepan and slowly heat while whisking.
- When smooth, add the rest of the ingredients and keep stirring until all melted.
- Add chopped parsley leaves (or dill works too)
- Drizzle over chicken and steamed veggies and ENJOY!