Okay, this isn’t technically cordon blue, but it’s a quick, yummy, healthier alternative.
- Large chicken breasts
- Slices of ham
- Slices of cheese
- Spicy brown mustard
- pepper, garlic powder, other seasoning of choice
- Butterfly the chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle both sides with garlic powder and pepper (and any other seasoning you like)
- Place a slice of ham on 1/2 of the opened butterflied chicken.
- Place 1 or 2 slices of cheese (Swiss or Jack is what I like best) on top of the ham.
- Spread a little spicy brown mustard on top of the cheese and fold over other half of chicken. Pin together with a toothpick if needed.
- Bake at 350 degrees until mat thermometer reads at least 165 degrees.
- Place another slice or two of cheese on top and put under broiler for 3 minutes or so, until melted.
- Add a little extra mustard to the top if you like.