It’s very difficult to get my daughter to eat eggs. She’s not a fan at all, and unless they’re deviled or in something like potato salad, she turns up her nose. She will eat scrambled eggs if I make them – light and fluffy not rubbery – but that’s the only way she’ll eat them for breakfast unless I put lots of stuff in them such as in a scramble with sausage and veggies.
Being on Atkins is tough on her especially in the morning, so last time she was on Atkins I made breakfast muffins. I’m a little lazy right now and making muffins seems too difficult so I made an egg bake in a 9x13x2 pan. Then I will cut it up into individual servings, wrap them up and freeze them so all she has to do is pull one out and microwave for about 20 seconds and it’s ready to eat.
Super easy, and makes for a great easy breakfast if you have guests overnight or for brunch.
- Ham or breakfast sausage or bacon, cooked and chopped into small pieces.
- Veggies of choice. I use mushroom, onions and spinach. Cooked down to reduce moisture, then cool.
- Dozen medium to large eggs or 10 jumbos. Well beaten with about 2 Tblsp sour cream (makes it fluffier)
- salt, pepper, garlic & onion powder to taste
- Cheese of choice, shredded, about 1/2 cup
- Sweet peppers, chopped.
In a well-greased 9×13 layer meat on the bottom, veggies on top of that. Pour the eggs on top, gently so it doesn’t move around your other ingredients. Sprinkle on your seasonings then top with cheese and peppers.
Bake in a 350 degree pre-heated oven for 30 minutes. Test it like a cake with a toothpick. If it comes out clean, its done. Serve right away or pack up for later.