I seemed to have slipped back into the carb-free eating routine without much difficulty this time – only one day of headaches which were cured by strong coffee – but the kiddo is having a little more difficulty. One afternoon she needed food, and I had no cooked meat handy for a quick snack, so I made these for her. At first she turned up her nose at the idea, until she saw them and said, “Oh, they’re adorable. You need to take a picture and post them on your blog.” So here it is.
Quick, quick tuna salad pickle stackers.
- 1 can chunk tuna in water – drained
- Mayo – just enough to moisten the tuna
- 1 green onion, chopped
- pepper to taste
- 2 large Vlasic pickles, cut into thick slices (Or any other sugar-free pickle sliced)
- banana pepper slices for a little more kick
- cheese – any variety of hard cheese – sliced then cut into squares.
- Drain tuna and put it in a bowl, add mayo, green onions and pepper to taste.
- Lay pickle slices out in a single layer on a plate
- Spoon tuna salad onto the pickle slices as much or little as you want.
- Top with a square of cheese and a banana pepper slice.
Enjoy a snack that only takes 5 minutes to make! No carbs and great for when you’re starving. Gives you protein and a little veggie.
My original idea, because I thought I had some sliced pickles on hand, was to make little sandwiches with the pickles, but since I cut the Vlasic pickles thick, only one layer was needed.