Trying to avoid potatoes, I use cauliflower a lot as a substitute. This is super easy, done in less than an hour, and takes very little work. Very tasty!
- 2 lb cooked ham cubed
- 4-5 cups chopped cauliflower
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 5 large white mushrooms, sliced
- Garlic seasoning – or seasoning of choice. I use Johnny’s I get from Costco
- 3 Tblsp butter or margerine
- Cheeses (I used Jack, cheddar and parm) a couple ounces sliced, and 1 cup shredded, and a good shake of parm.
- In a 9×13 baking dish, put a layer of chopped cauliflower on the bottom.
- Put the onions on top of the cauliflower.
- Drop the softened butter by teaspoons so that the veggies are dotted with it.
- Sprinkle with seasoning.
- Make a layer of the sliced mushrooms.
- Slice cheese and place over the mushrooms.
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 1/2 hr at 400 degrees.
- Remove from oven and drain some of the moisture off the bottom.
- Sprinkle parm over the whole thing, then top with shredded cheese and put back into oven until melted. About 10 min.