I know some of you are already going ewwww, but I LOVE chicken livers in any form. I love them sauteed in oil and garlic, love them in a pie, love chicken liver pate. This is a terrific recipe to make your own chicken liver pate from a friend who is a very skilled cook and also very health conscious.
Bernadette’s Chicken Liver Pate
- 1 large onion (finely chopped)
- 1 cup of chicken livers
- Fresh herbs (thyme and basil)
- 1 medium vine ripe tomato (finely chopped)
- A pinch of natural sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp of extra virgin olive oil
Finely chop onions and cook to soft in oil.
Clean and chop liver, add to onions and cook for 5 minutes.
Add chopped tomato and herbs and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
Add salt and pepper.
Blend all the above ingredients and allow to cool in a small dish. Serve for a snack on toast, rice cakes, rye bread, crackers.