I love jalapeno poppers but don’t eat them anymore because of the breadding and the frying, and I miss them. I stumbled across a recipe on Pinterest that looked good, and they are.
I wear rubber gloves when cleaning jalapenos because I can never get the burn off my fingertips, and I wind up touching my eyes at some point during the day, and pay dearly for it!
All this takes is:
- Cream cheese
- Another kind of cheese like cheddar (I used colby/jack)
- Bacon bits (I used the kind out of a bag, or you can make fresh)
- Cut off pepper stem then cut in half. Remove all seeds.
- Using a butter knife, spread cream cheese into each 1/2 of jalapeno.
- Lay a thin, small slice of other cheese on top of cream cheese.
- Sprinkle a few bacon bits on.
- Pop these in the oven for 30 minutes, and they’re done.
The longer you cook the poppers, the more it reduces the burn of the peppers.
I just made 3 little peppers on this first try to see if we liked them. Kiddo won’t touch them, but hubby and I enjoyed them as an appetizer to our dinner.